Creative approaches to physical education: helping children to achieve their true potential
Creative Approaches to Physical Education provides guidance on how to develop innovative new approaches to the delivery of each area of the National Curriculum for PE at Key Stages 2 and 3.
The ideas have all been successfully developed in schools where every child has been encouraged to find success and to express themselves in new ways that surprise and delight teachers. Pupils feel ownership of their learning and pride in their achievements, fostering interest, creativity and motivation.
Ideal for non-specialist and specialist PE teachers and trainee teachers alike, this book:
- explores the PE curriculum in a much wider sense than traditional approaches allow
- covers the key areas of physical education such as games, dance and gymnastics
- inspires us to look afresh at how we can exploit the learning potential of the outdoors
- shows how children use skills to express themselves creatively
- gives innovative suggestions for the use of ICT in PE teaching to encourage independent, personalised leaning
- examines how physical education can be linked with other subjects in a creative way.
Childhood obesity is a growing concern and there are worries that young people have few purposeful leisure interests. This book offers teachers and all those who work with young people alternative approaches and activities that allow young people to express their creative side through physical activity and discover active healthy interests that will last a lifetime.
|Grouped Work ID||1c9daac3-b032-4136-5c71-85c4f70d6cc6|
|Grouping Title||creative approaches to physical education helping children to achieve their true potential|
|Grouping Author||jim lavin|
|Last Grouping Update||2018-08-06 04:40:45AM|
|Last Indexed||2018-09-22 05:02:00AM|
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library Online, Aurora Hills Online, Central Online, Cherrydale Online, Columbia Pike Online, Connection Crystal City Online, Detention Center Online, Glencarlyn Online, Local History Online, Plaza Online, Shirlington Online, Westover Online|
|title_display||Creative approaches to physical education : helping children to achieve their true potential|
|title_full||Creative approaches to physical education : helping children to achieve their true potential / edited by Jim Lavin|
|title_short||Creative approaches to physical education :|
|title_sub||helping children to achieve their true potential|