Corporate governance and accountability
Recent examples of massive corporate failures, such as Enron, have highlighted the need to reform corporate governance at an international level. The importance of effective corporate governance for corporate success, as well as for social welfare, cannot be overstated.Corporate Governance and Accountability has been written to provide readers with an up-to-date summary of both theory and practice in the area. Features:
- Provides a full discussion of corporate governance issues taking the broadest view of the corporate governance agenda.
- Draws on the extensive and original research carried out by the authors and demonstrates the close relationship between academic research and professional practice.
- Contains numerous contemporary illustrations and case studies, including a chapter dedicated to the collapse of Enron.
- Focuses on the relevance of corporate governance reform throughout the world.
- Highlights the importance of corporate social responsibility to companies and institutional investors from a corporate governance perspective.
- Includes an appendix containing the Combined Code on Corporate Governance issued by the Financial Reporting Council in July 2003.
Reviews from GoodReads
Loading GoodReads Reviews.
|Grouped Work ID||2211aca8-b444-1a4a-3173-74d90e6f757a|
|Grouping Title||corporate governance and accountability|
|Grouping Author||solomon j|
|Last Grouping Update||2017-08-14 05:04:36AM|
|Last Indexed||2018-07-22 04:57:31AM|
|author||Solomon, J. (Jill)|
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library Online, Aurora Hills Online, Central Online, Cherrydale Online, Columbia Pike Online, Connection Crystal City Online, Detention Center Online, Glencarlyn Online, Local History Online, Plaza Online, Shirlington Online, Westover Online|
|record_details||external_econtent:ils:.b13098226|eBook|eBook||English|John Wiley,|c2004.|xiv, 303 p. : ill. 23 cm.|
|title_display||Corporate governance and accountability|
|title_full||Corporate governance and accountability [electronic resource] / Jill Solomon and Aris Solomon|
|title_short||Corporate governance and accountability|