Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Laos is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Whiz through the jungle on ziplines in Bokeo Nature Reserve, dine on French cuisine in historic Luang Prabang, or trek to minority villages on the Bolaven Plateau -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Laos and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Laos Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, environment, wildlife, religion, culture, music, literature, film, dance, architecture, handicrafts, sport, politics
- Over 40 maps
- Covers Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, Luang Namtha, Phonsavan, Xieng Khuang, Hua Phan, Ban Phanom, Paksan, Savannakhet, Pakse, Champasak, Si Phan Don and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Laos, our most comprehensive guide to Laos, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand; and Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guides.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
|Grouped Work ID||25f4e704-55be-840f-fea7-80ddc1a5bfa4|
|Grouping Author||this edition written and researched by kate morgan|
|Last Grouping Update||2019-12-13 17:14:25PM|
|Last Indexed||2019-12-14 04:44:15AM|
|detailed_location_arlington||Glencarlyn Adult Nonfiction|
Shirlington Adult Nonfiction
|display_description||Lonely Planet Laos is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get around via riverboat, meet the Akha Nuqui people while trekking around Phongsali, or satisfy your sweet tooth at a bakery in Vientiane; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Laos and begin your journey now!|
|local_callnumber_arlington||915.94 LONEL 2017|
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library|
Connection Crystal City
|subject_facet||Laos -- Guidebooks|
|title_full||Laos / this edition written and researched by Kate Morgan, Tim Bewer, Nick Ray, Richard Waters|