True stories in the news: a beginning reader
- finding yourself all alone on a mountain during a blizzard -- and being saved thanks to a surprise phone call!
- having a party to celebrate your wedding -- and there was no wedding!
- picking up a newspaper and seeing a photograph of twins who look exactly like you!
These stories and more -- humorous, poignant, astounding -- and all true!
True Stories in the News, Third Edition, by Sandra Heyer, consists of 22 readings based on human-interest stories adapted from worldwide news sources and includes new, updated, and improved materials. The universal appeal of these believe-it-or-not stories ensures a pleasurable reading experience and encourages beginning-level students to read with fluency and confidence.
- A photo and pre-reading questions introduce each story.
- Average story length is 375 words.
- Stories are told in the past and past progressive tenses.
- Revised and improved exercises for vocabulary development, reading comprehension, pronunciation, discussion, and writing help students develop language proficiency.
- Background information and teaching tips in an expanded To the Teacher section help make the reading class more effective.
- Audio CD with recordings of all stories is included in each textbook.
- A perfect partner with True Stories Behind the Songs.
The True Stories series includes:
True Stories Behind the Songs
More True Stories Behind the Songs
Very Easy True Stories
All New Very Easy True Stories
Easy True Stories, Second Edition
All New Easy True Stories
True Stories in the News, Third Edition
More True Stories, Third Edition
Even More True Stories, Third Edition
Beyond True Stories
|Grouped Work ID||2da8c3e7-f82a-fc40-8627-0b79296d7b70|
|Grouping Title||true stories in the news a beginning reader|
|Grouping Author||heyer sandra|
|Last Grouping Update||2019-12-27 06:37:00AM|
|Last Indexed||2020-01-17 04:39:24AM|
|local_callnumber_arlington||LITRCY 428.64 HEYER|
LITRCY 428.64 HEYER 1996
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library|
Connection Crystal City
|subject_facet||Current events -- Problems, exercises, etc|
English language -- Textbooks for foreign speakers
Readers -- Current events
|title_display||True stories in the news : a beginning reader|
|title_full||True stories in the news : a beginning reader / by Sandra Heyer|
|title_short||True stories in the news|
|title_sub||a beginning reader|