Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Bangkok is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Eat pat tai and other street food at open-air markets, visit breathtaking temples or shop 'til you drop at the MBK Center and Chatuchak Weekend Market; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Bangkok and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Bangkok:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, culture, eating in Thailand, the sex industry in Thailand
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 35 colour maps
- Covers Siam Square, Pratunam, Ploenchit, Ratchathewi, Riverside, Silom, Lumphini, Sukhumvit, Thewet, Dusit, Banglamphu, Ko Ratanakosin, Thonburi, Chinatown, Greater Bangkok and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Bangkok, our most comprehensive guide to Bangkok, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Thailand for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights of Bangkok? Check out Pocket Bangkok, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
|Grouped Work ID||970f539a-0c4d-9072-0c5d-74ceee647027|
|detailed_location_arlington||Central Adult Nonfiction|
|display_description||"Cap off a boat trip with a visit to a hidden market, or stroll around Banglamphu and wind up in conversation with a monk - few cities reward exploration like Bangkok."|
|item_details||ils:.b19374276|.i20854572|Central Adult Nonfiction|915.93 LONEL 2016|||1|false|false|||||Due Oct 31, 2017|Sep 21, 2017|can||, ils:.b19374276|.i20854584|Central Adult Nonfiction|915.93 LONEL 2016|||1|false|false|||||Due Nov 11, 2017|Oct 03, 2017|can|||
|local_callnumber_arlington||915.93 LONEL 2016|
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library, Aurora Hills, Central, Cherrydale, Columbia Pike, Connection Crystal City, Detention Center, Glencarlyn, Local History, Plaza, Shirlington, Westover|
|record_details||ils:.b19374276|Book|Books||English|Lonely Planet,|2016.|287 pages : color illustrations, maps ; 20 cm + 1 folded map.|
|scoping_details_arlington||ils:.b19374276|.i20854572|Checked Out|Checked Out|false|false|true|false|false|true|999|||, ils:.b19374276|.i20854584|Checked Out|Checked Out|false|false|true|false|false|true|999||||
|subject_facet||Bangkok (Thailand) -- Guidebooks, Thailand -- Bangkok, Travel guides|
|title_full||Bangkok / written and researched by Austin Bush|