Sams teach yourself TCP/IP in 24 hours
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll discover how to implement, monitor, and manage a TCP/IP network–even the latest cloud-based and IPv6 networks. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll uncover the essentials of TCP/IP and put that knowledge to work through practical examples. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success. Expert author and network engineer Joe Casad guides you from the basics to advanced techniques—including TCP/IP’s architecture, layers, subnetting, CIDR, routing, security, utilities, remote access, web services, streaming, and much more.
Practical discussions provide an inside look at TCP/IP components and protocols.
Step-by-step instructions walk you through many common tasks.
Q&As at the end of each hour help you test your knowledge.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions and help you steer clear of potential problems.
If you’re looking for a smart, concise introduction to the protocols that power the Internet, start your clock and look inside. Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours is your guide to the secrets of TCP/IP.
Learn how to…
- Understand what TCP/IP is, and how it works
- Discover how IPv6 differs from IPv4, and how to migrate or coexist with IPv6
- Work with TCP/IP’s Network
- Access, Internet, Transport, and Application layers
- Implement flexible addressing with subnetting and CIDR
- Establish efficient and reliable routing
- Implement name resolution
- Secure TCP/IP networks—detect and prevent attacks
- Automatically configure TCP/IP clients and hosts
- Provide classic TCP/IP services and powerful new Web services
- Use TCP/IP in advanced cloud-based environments
- Support efficient media streaming and webcasting
- Capitalize on the benefits of the new HTML5 standard
- Run TCP/IP protocols over wireless networks
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP networks with ping, traceroute, and other tools
- Provide for monitoring and remote access
- Deploy efficient email systems with POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP
- Walk through all facets of implementing a TCP/IP network
|Grouped Work ID||9ad1d4b3-8dce-1b40-2fd6-6e0d10b6ec14|
|Grouping Title||sams teach yourself tcp ip in 24 hours|
|Grouping Author||casad joe|
|Last Grouping Update||2018-09-13 04:48:53AM|
|Last Indexed||2018-09-20 04:53:04AM|
|author||Casad, Joe, 1958-|
|detailed_location_arlington||Shirlington Adult Nonfiction, Westover Adult Nonfiction|
|display_description||"Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours, Sixth Edition is a practical guide to the simple yet illusive protocol system that powers the Internet. A step-by-step approach reveals how the protocols of the TCP/IP stack really work and explores the rich array of services available on the Internet today. You'll learn about configuring and managing real-world networks, and you'll gain the deep understanding you'll need to troubleshoot new problems when they arise." -- Back cover.|
|item_details||ils:.b13884992|.i17465680|Westover Adult Nonfiction|004.62 CASAD 2012 5th ed.|||1|false|false|||||On Shelf|May 16, 2018|wan||, ils:.b19471518|.i21130024|Shirlington Adult Nonfiction|004.62 TCP/IP CASAD 2017 6th ed.|||1|false|false|||||Due Oct 3, 2018|Sep 05, 2018|san|||
|local_callnumber_arlington||004.62 CASAD 2012 5th ed., 004.62 TCP/IP CASAD 2017 6th ed.|
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library, Aurora Hills, Central, Cherrydale, Columbia Pike, Connection Crystal City, Detention Center, Glencarlyn, Local History, Plaza, Shirlington, Westover|
|record_details||ils:.b13884992|Book|Books|Fifth edition.|English|Sams,||xiii, 529 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm., ils:.b19471518|Book|Books|Sixth edition.|English|Sams,|2017.|xiv, 522 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
|subject_facet||TCP/IP (Computer network protocol)|
|title_display||Sams teach yourself TCP/IP in 24 hours|
|title_full||Sams teach yourself TCP/IP in 24 hours / Joe Casad|
|title_short||Sams teach yourself TCP/IP in 24 hours|