Fish that fake orgasms: and other zoological curiosities
“If you are interested in transvestite garter snakes, the speed-eating habits of the star-nosed mole, or how geckos behave in zero gravity, you will enjoy Fish That Fake Orgasms.” ---The Times (UK)Packed with fascinating, bizarre, amazing, and hilarious entries, Fish That Fake Orgasms takes you on a guided tour of the diverse natural life that surrounds us. It covers eating and drinking, playing and preying, carousing and canoodling---and much more:
• Why do some Japanese quail prefer to mate with weaker males of the species?
• What animal has a heart that glows green when it beats?
• Of all the carnivores, which has the strongest bite?
• What creature performs better sexually when there’s another male nearby?
• What type of bird has a divorce rate of only 8 percent?
• Which has a bigger brain: a lion in the wild or a lion in captivity?
• What animal pretends it has food in order to lure females into its abode?
Fish That Fake Orgasms is the first professionally researched miscellany of the animal kingdom. An entertaining and addictive collection, it will satisfy anyone entranced by the wondrous world of animals.
And speaking of satisfaction, the female brown trout does, in fact, fake it. It’s a trick it uses to find the most potent mate!
|Grouped Work ID||bd057b12-559e-7fca-6f57-93cf7bea05af|
|Grouping Title||fish that fake orgasms and other zoological curiosities|
|Grouping Author||walker matt|
|Last Grouping Update||2019-10-03 04:44:18AM|
|Last Indexed||2019-11-17 04:48:58AM|
|detailed_location_arlington||Central Adult Nonfiction|
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library|
Connection Crystal City
|subject_facet||Animals -- Miscellanea|
|title_display||Fish that fake orgasms : and other zoological curiosities|
|title_full||Fish that fake orgasms : and other zoological curiosities / Matt Walker|
|title_short||Fish that fake orgasms|
|title_sub||and other zoological curiosities|