Living the creative life: ideas and inspiration from working artists
How DO they do it?
If you could ask your favorite artist or crafter only one question, chances are you'd ask about creativity: Where do your ideas come from? How did you get started? What are your tricks for overcoming blocks?
In Living the Creative Life, author Ricë Freeman-Zachery has compiled answers to these questions and more from 15 successful artists in a variety of mediumsfrom assemblage to fiber arts, beading to mixed-media collage. Creativity is different for everyone, and these artists share their insights on the muse (if you believe in her), keeping a sketchbook (or not), and prioritizing your art, whether you aspire to create solely for your own pleasure or to become a full-time artist.
- Try your hand at creative jumpstarts straight from the pros.
- Glimpse the artists' innermost thoughts and works in progress as you peruse pages from their journals and notebooks.
- Share textile artist Sas Colby's triumph over creative block during an exotic art retreat.
- Learn how internationally acclaimed artist James Michael Starr uses experience from his former "day job" to fuel his creation today.
- Explore the work of Michael deMeng, Claudine Hellmuth, Melissa Zink and the other artists right alongside their insights.
No crafter or artist should live the creative life without Living the Creative Life! The inspiration is contagious.
|Grouped Work ID||bda80535-a464-7658-9e69-ce33f8e62e10|
|full_title||living the creative life ideas and inspiration from working artists|
|author||freeman zachery ricë|
|detailed_location_arlington||Columbia Pike Adult Nonfiction|
|item_details||ils:.b13005029|.i13257870|Columbia Pike Adult Nonfiction|701.15 FREEM|||1|false|false|||||On Shelf|Apr 02, 2018|oan|||
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library, Aurora Hills, Central, Cherrydale, Columbia Pike, Connection Crystal City, Detention Center, Glencarlyn, Local History, Plaza, Shirlington, Westover|
|record_details||ils:.b13005029|Book|Books||English|F+W Publications,|c2007.|143 p. : col. ill. ; 21 cm.|
|scoping_details_arlington||ils:.b13005029|.i13257870|On Shelf|On Shelf|false|true|true|false|false|true|999||||
|subject_facet||Art -- Psychological aspects, Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.)|
|title_display||Living the creative life : ideas and inspiration from working artists|
|title_full||Living the creative life : ideas and inspiration from working artists / Ricë Freeman-Zachery|
|title_short||Living the creative life :|
|title_sub||ideas and inspiration from working artists|