Harvard Business Review entrepreneur's handbook: everything you need to launch and grow your new business
The one primer you need to develop your entrepreneurial skills.
Whether you're imagining your new business to be the next big thing in Silicon Valley, a pivotal B2B provider, or an anchor in your local community, the HBR Entrepreneur's Handbook is your essential resource for getting your company off the ground.
Starting an independent new business is rife with both opportunity and risk. And as an entrepreneur, you're the one in charge: your actions can make or break your business. You need to know the tried-and-true fundamentals--from writing a business plan to getting your first loan. You also need to know the latest thinking on how to create an irresistible pitch deck, mitigate risk through experimentation, and develop unique opportunities through business model innovation.
The HBR Entrepreneur's Handbook addresses these challenges and more with practical advice and wisdom from Harvard Business Review's archive. Keep this comprehensive guide with you throughout your startup's life--and increase your business's odds for success.
In the HBR Entrepreneur's Handbook you'll find:
- Step-by-step guidance through the entrepreneurial process
- Concise explanations of the latest research and thinking on entrepreneurship from Harvard Business Review contributors such as Marc Andreessen and Reid Hoffman
- Time-honed best practices
- Stories of real companies, from Airbnb to eBay
- Which skills and characteristics make for the best entrepreneurs
- How to gauge potential opportunities
- The basics of business models and competitive strategy
- How to test your assumptions--before you build a whole business
- How to select the right legal structure for your company
- How to navigate funding options, from venture capital and angel investors to accelerators and crowdfunding
- How to develop sales and marketing programs for your venture
- What entrepreneurial leaders must do to build culture and set direction as the business keeps growing
|Grouped Work ID||c3c4eabf-5c01-abd3-ec81-7fe55b098640|
|Grouping Title||harvard business review entrepreneur s handbook everything you need to launch and grow your new busi|
|Last Grouping Update||2019-11-15 12:46:50PM|
|Last Indexed||2019-11-15 04:44:07AM|
|detailed_location_arlington||Columbia Pike Adult Nonfiction|
Glencarlyn Adult Nonfiction
|display_description||Starting an independent new business is rife with both opportunity and risk. From the basics of writing a business plan to the challenges of financing your new venture, the HBR Entrepreneur's Handbook is your essential resource for getting your startup off the ground. Topics include: Navigating the world of venture capital funding Turning innovations into successful realities in the marketplace Building a business model that makes sense for your business Developing the sales and marketing programs needed for your venture What entrepreneurial leaders must do to build culture and set direction--|
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library|
Connection Crystal City
New business enterprises
|title_display||Harvard Business Review entrepreneur's handbook : everything you need to launch and grow your new business|
|title_full||Harvard Business Review entrepreneur's handbook : everything you need to launch and grow your new business|
|title_short||Harvard Business Review entrepreneur's handbook|
|title_sub||everything you need to launch and grow your new business|