Medical terminology systems: a body systems approach
The perfect word building and medical terminology package...Taber’s 21 + Systems 6th Edition Taber’s 21 is today’s most comprehensive health science dictionary. Under the editorial direction of Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, a team of expert consulting editors and consultants, representing every branch of health care, works with the Taber’s in-house editorial staff to ensure that the content reflects the state of the art.
- Cyclopedic entries that offer more than just definitions.
- More than 60,000 reader-friendly definitions, including 3,000 brand-new terms and 7,000 revised terms.
- Over 1,000 full-color illustrations in the book and DVD combined.
- More than 600 Patient Care Statements.
- Caution Statements with new, easy-to-find icon.
- Dozens of Allied Health and Nursing Appendices
- FREE Taber’sPlus DVD, Mac and PC compatible.
- 2 year access to Taber’s Online and Taber’s Mobile!
- So much more!
Systems 6th Edition is the perfect length for any course, this exceptional full-color, highly illustrated text/workbook uses a body system organization to focus on word building. This beautifully designed visual text combined with the audio CD, TermPlus 3.0, and student and instructor online tools is a unique learning package that’s a true blend of words, art, and technology.Available in a Variety of Formats...Medical Terminology Systems, 6th Edition (Text Only) About $39.95 (US)|$41.95 (CAN)ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2090-2Medical Terminology Systems, 6th Edition + Audio CD + TermPlus 3.0About $49.95 (US)|$52.50 (CAN)ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2145-9Word Building—the foundation for success begins with Barbara Gylys and the Body Systems Approach.The med term approaches and how they differ…
- Most med terms books teach by memorization—the whole word approach.
- Memorize vocabulary and then try to recognize word patterns.
- Gylys uses the word-buildingapproach.
- First learn the patterns of medical words before you learn the vocabulary.
- Gylys takes a common sense approach, by introducing word elements first:
- Combining forms
- She covers them one by one, breaking down each word part.
- Common English word elements are presented…
- This familiarity makes it easier for students to learn and break apart and build words.
- Students can use their understanding of word parts to decipher vocabulary.
- Mnemonic devices, interactive activities (in the book and on the CD) make word-building fun and this in turn increases retention…no more tedious memorization, students learn by breaking down and rebuilding words!
“From my years of teaching, I found it was much easier for students to learn word parts directly associated with a body system (or specialty area), and this has been the key to my approach in all of my texts and software products.”
|Grouped Work ID||d8627e17-590a-f191-4948-9cd30173caa6|
|full_title||medical terminology systems a body systems approach|
|author||gylys barbara a|
|author||Gylys, Barbara A.|
|author2-role||, (OCoLC)163218365, .b1300765807-06-1601-25-11, 1429480548 (electronic bk.), 2004 N-051, 5213720, 5th ed., 610/.1/4, 92QYMA7, 9781429480543 (electronic bk.), Electronic books., Electronic reproduction.Boulder, Colo. :NetLibrary,2007.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.Excludes data from the CD-ROMs which accompanied the original book., English qEnglish., Gylys, Barbara A., Includes indexes., LDR63.1 20090105133449 EBKSLDR63.1 20090105133449 EBKS, MAIN, Medical terminology systemsa body systems approach /Barbara A. Gylys, Mary Ellen Wedding., N$TN$TYDXCPOCLCQ, NetLibrary, Inc., OCLC Holdings Updated 20110802, Original, Philadelphia :F.A. Davis Co.,c2005., R123.G94 2005eb, Rev. ed. of: Medical terminology : a systems approach. 4th ed. c1999., System requirements for accompanying disks: Pentium, 90MHz ; Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP ; 65 Mb hard disk space ; 32 Mb RAM ; 8x CD-ROM ; 256-color SVGA (24-bit color display recommended) ; 8-bit audio, sound card required ; requires Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater/Netscape 4.75-4.78 ; requires Macromedia flash player., W 15G996ma 2005, YBP Library ServicesYANK2607129, q01-25-11mz-, qBook., qComputerFiles., qSoftware., qeBook., xxxi, 559 p. :col. ill. ;28 cm. +2 CD-ROMs (4 3/4 in.)|
|author_display||Gylys, Barbara A|
|owning_library_arlington||Arlington Public Library Online, Aurora Hills Online, Central Online, Cherrydale Online, Columbia Pike Online, Connection Crystal City Online, Detention Center Online, Glencarlyn Online, Local History Online, Plaza Online, Shirlington Online, Westover Online|
|record_details||external_econtent:ils:.b13007658|eBook|eBook|5th ed.|English|F.A. Davis Co.,|c2005.|xxxi, 559 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm. + 2 CD-ROMs (4 3/4 in.)|
|scoping_details_arlington||external_econtent:ils:.b13007658||Available Online|Available Online|false|true|false|false|false|true|||||
|title_display||Medical terminology systems a body systems approach|
|title_full||Medical terminology systems [electronic resource] : a body systems approach / Barbara A. Gylys, Mary Ellen Wedding|
|title_short||Medical terminology systems|
|title_sub||a body systems approach|