Flip: How to Turn Everything You Know on Its Head - and Succeed Beyond Your Wildest Imaginings
Emphasizing flexible, counterintuitive decision making, Flip calls for a new way of doing business in an economy where conventional wisdom won't get you anywhere
"Business today requires new perspectives"—this is how Peter Sheahan, one of the youngest and fastest-rising stars on the international consulting and speaking circuit, begins this essential guidebook for succeeding in the twenty-first century. Sheahan reveals how the world's most effective organizations and individuals distinguish themselves from the competition, instead of running with the pack.
In Flip he uncovers what the superstars of modern business have in common: an ability to "flip"—to think counterintuitively and then act boldly, with no regard for "business as usual" conventions. Sheahan explores six major flips:
- Action Creates Clarity—to move forward you must act in spite of ambiguity. Your action will create the clarity you're looking for.
- To keep pace with rising expectations, you can't just be fast, good, or cheap. Instead you must recognize that Fast, Good, Cheap: Pick Three–Then Add Something Extra has become the new standard in every industry.
- To develop competitive advantage, you must Absolutely, Positively Sweat the Small Stuff.
- To satisfy customers' needs for engagement and contact—spiritual, emotional, physical—remember that it's not just business, Business Is Personal.
- To win mass-market success, Find It on the Fringe. The way to separate yourself from the competitive herd is to be courageous and create new market space.
- To Get Control, Give It Up. You cannot command and control customers or the talented staff needed to reach them. Instead you must empower others to create, dream, and believe for you.
Sheahan teaches today's decision makers how to embrace change and successfully operate in an economy that runs on new ideas. Those who take on these lessons will be in position to join other "flipstars" such as Richard Branson, Google, Toyota, Rupert Murdoch, and Apple.
Stick to what you learned in business school at your peril. . . . The small-world economy calls for a new way of doing business. It calls for Flip.
|Grouped Work ID||ea343fe2-b315-edb5-daad-9e67eda49140|
|Grouping Title||flip how to turn everything you know on its head and succeed beyond your wildest imaginings|
|Grouping Author||sheahan peter|
|Last Grouping Update||2019-07-16 04:48:23AM|
|Last Indexed||2019-07-16 04:52:02AM|
Business today requires new perspectives, argues Peter Sheahan, one of the youngest and fastest-rising international consultants. In Flip, he shows that to succeed in a small-world economy, companies must distinguish themselves by finding a new way of doing business, one that systematically reexamines every single aspect of running a company.
Flip reveals what the superstars of modern business have in common: an ability to "flip" - to think counterintuitively and then act boldly, with no regard for business-as-usual conventions. The only rule: there are no rules. Those who heed his proven advice will be well placed to join other "flipstars," including entrepreneurs Richard Branson and Rupert Murdoch and such visionary corporations as Google, Toyota, and Apple. But those who run with the pack and stick to the business school curriculum will find themselves perilously left behind.
Presenting perennial wisdom in a fresh new way, Sheahan teaches today's decision makers how to embrace change and successfully operate in an economy that runs on new ideas.
|format_category_arlington||Audio Books, eBook|
|item_details||overdrive:14e3f5e7-6f83-4eb8-97f6-7d23f612e9e2|-1|Online OverDrive Collection|Online OverDrive|eAudiobook|Audio Books|1|false|true|OverDrive|||OverDrive MP3 Audiobook,OverDrive Listen|Available Online|||||
|record_details||overdrive:14e3f5e7-6f83-4eb8-97f6-7d23f612e9e2|eAudiobook|Audio Books||English|Tantor Media|||
|title_full||Flip How to Turn Everything You Know on Its Head - and Succeed Beyond Your Wildest Imaginings|
|title_sub||How to Turn Everything You Know on Its Head - and Succeed Beyond Your Wildest Imaginings|